Laurel Antonmarchi is a designer and visual artist hailing from Rapid City, South Dakota.
I work across multiple disciplines, primarily in branding, print / web / motion design, and hand lettered illustration. I’ve partnered with clients in the arts, education, food & beverage, hospitality, and nonprofit sectors. In my work, I take a collaborative approach to create purpose-driven solutions for my clients so that they can connect with their audiences in an authentic way.
In 2016, I was awarded the National Arts Strategies Creative Community Fellowship where I studied tools in design thinking, strategy and leadership to utilize the power of arts and culture to drive positive social change. In addition, my experience working with both individuals and in-house teams has provided me with a unique perspective on the importance of collaboration to implement effective design solutions.
Currently, I’m part of the small (but mighty) team behind the new children’s book series, Porter the Hoarder, which has been designed to boost elementary reading success. With the help of the United Way, Black Hills Reads, and Black Hills Special Services, over 60,000 copies of the book will be given free of charge to students, teachers and libraries across South Dakota.
When not pushing pixels, you'll find me exploring the Black Hills with my camera, curating Spotify playlists, playing guitar, or hunting down one-of-a-kind vintage clothing!
Some awesome people I’ve worked with
Black Hills State University ∙ Black Hills Works ∙ Liv Hospitality ∙ Sangam Arts ∙ South Dakota Center for Enterprise Opportunity ∙ South Dakota Hall of Fame ∙ Surly Brewing Company ∙ United Way of the Black Hills
Connect with me
• Grow with Google Developer Scholarship
• Creative Community Fellowship, National Arts Strategies
• Finalist, 36th Annual Spring Photography Contest
• Student Best of Show ADDY, AAF-BH
• Student Gold ADDY, AAF-BH
• Student Silver ADDY, AAF-BH
• Silver ADDY, TDG, AAF-BH
• Art Night Downtown MicroGrant, Arts Rapid City
• Outstanding Student Organization Member, Jacket Journal
Projects & exhibitions
• 14th Annual Dahl Mountain Photo Exhibition (juried group exhibition)
• Outside the Lines community chalk art event
• Collaborative poster design commission for Surly Brewing Co.
• Doodle Downtown chalk art competition
• That’s How We Roll 4, Dahl Arts Center (group exhibition)
• Art Legacy Project
I’m currently accepting new freelance design projects for Summer 2019 and would love to hear from you! To request a quote or for general questions regarding my branding, hand lettering, or design services, please get in touch.