As a former student of psychology, my design philosophy lives at the intersection of empathy and creativity, all while adding a dash of playfulness and modern-retro flair. My work primarily focuses on brand design and hand lettered illustration, though I’ve got quite the appetite for learning new skills!
I’m a 2016-2017 National Arts Strategies Creative Community Fellow, which provided me an opportunity to study design thinking, strategy and leadership to utilize the power of arts and culture to drive positive change. I believe that design can transform communities, so I’m passionate about partnering with the right people to help bring their ideas to life and shake up the status quo.
Currently, I’m part of the small (but mighty) team behind the new children’s book series, Porter the Hoarder, an interactive adventure that has been designed to boost grade level reading skills. With the help of the United Way, Black Hills Reads, and Black Hills Special Services, over 60,000 copies of the book will be given free of charge to students, teachers and libraries across South Dakota.
When not pushing pixels, you'll find me exploring the Black Hills with my camera, curating indie playlists, playing guitar, hunting for vintage clothing, or making a mess in my studio!
Black Hills State University ∙ Black Hills Works ∙ Liv Hospitality ∙ Sangam Arts ∙ South Dakota Center for Enterprise Opportunity ∙ South Dakota Hall of Fame ∙ Surly Brewing Company ∙ United Way of the Black Hills
Connect with me
• Grow with Google Developer Scholarship
• Creative Community Fellowship, National Arts Strategies
• Finalist, 36th Annual Spring Photography Contest
• Student Best of Show ADDY, AAF-BH
• Student Gold ADDY, AAF-BH
• Student Silver ADDY, AAF-BH
• Silver ADDY, TDG, AAF-BH
• Art Night Downtown MicroGrant, Arts Rapid City
• Outstanding Student Organization Member, Jacket Journal
Projects & exhibitions
• 14th Annual Dahl Mountain Photo Exhibition (juried group exhibition)
• Outside the Lines community chalk art event
• Collaborative poster design commission for Surly Brewing Co.
• Doodle Downtown chalk art competition
• That’s How We Roll 4, Dahl Arts Center (group exhibition)
• Art Legacy Project: Colorful Lives
work with me
I’m currently accepting new freelance design projects for August-September 2019 and would love to hear from you! To request a quote or for general questions regarding my branding, hand lettering, or design services, please get in touch.